Today is a very special day. Today Bobby and I are celebrating our one year anniversary. But I feel as though those simple words do not capture all that today means to me…
I know it’s not #throwbackthursday or even #flashbackfriday, but if you want to take a trip back to our wedding, check out our Wedding page to see the beautifully captured moments of that day.
*You can also search #donutswiththedixons on Instagram to see some pictures from our wedding and even our first year of marriage.
We have been married for 365 days and here is just a summary of some of things those days have included:
- We have only spent 6 days apart
- We have lived in two different cities/apartments
- A new job
- A (new) car
- Building this website
- Our first Thanksgiving with all of our family
- Opening our “first” Christmas presents 2 weeks early
- Sharing a suitcase for trips (only happened once…Bobby isn’t a fan)
- Memorial Day and Fourth of July at the “island”
- Finding a new church
- Hundreds of hours at the gym together
- Going grocery shopping together every Friday night
- Watching One Tree Hill and Prison Break from start to finish on Netflix
- Saturday morning coffee dates at Aroma’s
- All-you-can-eat sushi dates (has only happened twice…but it was everything you could imagine it would be)
- Countless “welcome home from work” kisses
- Late night talks about goals and life and all that’s in between
Just making this list forces me to think back over this last year and realize how absolutely grateful I am to have found someone who pushes me, encourages me, loves me (and my faults), and continues to make me want to be a better wife, friend and daughter.
This year has literally flown by, but it has been filled with so many “firsts” and those will forever be cherished memories for us both. As excited as I am to celebrate one year of marriage, I’m even more excited to see what the next 60 have in store for us 🙂
Happy First Anniversary Bobby, I love you.
Here’s to many more!